My capsule wardrobe continues to be one of the reasons I can live my brand - less is more! (If you haven't seen my first capsule wardrobe post, check it out!) Less time spent shopping for clothes, fewer decisions on what to wear because I have what I need, and I'd venture less money spent, but I'll be honest I'm not great at tracking that. What I can track is that my overall happiness and confidence has increased exponentially.
And I need to give credit where credit's due to my amazing stylist friend Lindsey who helps me purge my closet and create a list of what I need (i.e. what classic pieces are going to allow me to get the most out of the items I already own, while also being on-trend). Then I share my needs with my Trunk Club stylist who shops for me and sends the items to my home - no fees, free shipping, free returns as long as you have a Nordstrom card. Can you say amazing?! These services save me so much time so I can focus on my work and family.
So let's get to what you really what to see....what's in my capsule!
- Athleta lined lounge pants
- Workout pants (Zella crop leggings)
TOPS - KNITS
- Old Navy fleece in magenta circa 2008. Seriously. I love this top in the winter.
TOPS - BLOUSES
- Vintage white/blue stripe blouse
TOPS - SWEATERS
JACKETS / CARDIGANS
Additional items not pictured:
- Workout wear: Zella crop leggings and tanks (2 outfits), 2 jackets
- PJ's: Gilligan & O'Malley pants & shirts (2 sets) - https://www.target.com/p/women's-pajama-pants---gilligan-%26-o'malley%E2%84%A2-heather-grey-l/-/A-5245913
- Super soft robe: https://www.softiespjs.com/collections/robes/products/cloud-fleece-robe-1
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is this all you own?
No! I have seasonal (summer) items packed away in a box that I'll pull out once the weather changes. I also have a nice collection of costume jewelry that allows me to spruce things up when I need to. I have a black dress (not pictured) that I wear if I need to, but I'm a pants girl mainly.
Do you get bored wearing the same items?
No. I love every item that I own, which makes it a joy to get dressed. I don't have any items that I don't like or don't fit, so everything in my closet is literally available to be worn every day. It's so much less stressful!
What questions do you have? Leave them in the comments.